Home news Anthony Joshua: British heavyweight ordered to defend WBA title against Luis Ortiz

Anthony Joshua: British heavyweight ordered to defend WBA title against Luis Ortiz

21
0

British heavyweight Anthony Joshua has been ordered by the WBA to defend his title against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz.The 27-year-old had been due to face Wladimir Klitschko in a rematch, before the Ukrainian retired on Thursday.The WBA says Joshua and Ortiz have 30 days from 3 August to agree the fight.

Joshua, who beat Klitschko at Wembley in April, has also been told he must face IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev before 2 December or risk being stripped of his belt.
Source: BBC Bucks